Commission on Rehabilitation Counselor Certification (CRCC)
- Personal Login Information. Certain features and areas of the Sites are available only with registration and login, such as by CRCC certificants, and/or a paid subscription. If you are required to register and select a unique username and password (“Personal Login Information”), you must keep your Personal Login Information confidential, including taking appropriate measures to maintain the confidentiality, such as logging off and closing the internet browser, especially when you are connected to the internet through an unsecured network or when using a public computer. Your Personal Login Information is personal to you and you may not allow any third party to use it under any circumstances. CRCC is not liable for any harm caused by or related to the theft, misappropriation, disclosure, or unauthorized use of your Personal Login Information. You must contact CRCC immediately if you become aware of or believe there is or may have been any unauthorized use of your Personal Login Information, or otherwise wish to deactivate your Personal Login Information due to security concerns.
In addition, you also agree that you will not use any Sites to:
(a) upload, download, post, email, transmit, or otherwise make available any content, including through any attachments thereto, that is unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, tortious, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, libelous, invasive of another’s privacy, hateful, or racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable;
(b) upload, download, post, email, transmit, or otherwise make available any content, including through any attachments thereto, that you do not have a right to make available under any law or under contractual or fiduciary relationships (such as, but not limited to, inside information, proprietary and confidential information learned or disclosed as part of employment relationships, from clients, or under nondisclosure agreements);
(c) upload, download, post, email, transmit, or otherwise make available any content, including through any attachments thereto, that infringes any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright, or other proprietary rights of any party;
(d) upload, download, post, email, transmit, or otherwise make available, including through any attachments thereto, any unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, promotional materials, “junk mail,” “spam,” “chain letters,” “pyramid schemes,” or any other form of solicitation;
(e) upload, download, post, email, transmit, or otherwise make available, including through any attachments thereto, any material that contains software viruses or any other computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, destroy, or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment; and
(f) intentionally or unintentionally violate any applicable local, state, national, or international law, and any regulations having the force of law.
- Proprietary Rights. The content of the Sites includes, without limitation, (i) CRCC’s trademarks, service marks, logos, brands and brand names, trade dress and trade names, and other distinctive identification (collectively “CRCC Marks”); and (ii) information, data, materials, interfaces, computer code, databases, products, services, software applications and tools, text, images, photographs, audio and video material, including podcasts, and artwork, and (iii) the design, structure, selection, compilation, assembly, coordination, expression, functionalities, applications, look and feel, and arrangement of any content contained in or available through the Sites (the items identified in subsections (i) (ii) and (iii) shall be collectively referred to herein as “CRCC Content”). CRCC Content is the property of CRCC, its licensors, sponsors, partners, advertisers, content providers, or other third parties and is protected by law including, but not limited to, copyright, trade secret, patent, and trademark law, as well as other state, national, and international laws, treaties, and regulations. The reproduction, transmission, distribution, sale, publication, broadcast, circulation, or dissemination of any CRCC Content by you, or by you through any other person or entity, is prohibited unless express written consent is separately obtained from CRCC or the owner of such content if CRCC is not the owner. For reprints, contact CRCC. Any use of the CRCC Marks without CRCC’s express written consent is strictly prohibited. You may not alter, delete, obscure or conceal any copyright or other notices appearing in the CRCC Content, including any such notices appearing on any CRCC Content you are permitted to download, transmit, display, print, or reproduce from the Sites.
- Responsibility for Use of the Internet and Websites and Exclusion of Liability. Use of the internet and the Sites is solely at your risk and is subject to, without limitation, all applicable local, state, national, and international laws and regulations. Unless expressly required by law, CRCC does not guarantee the confidentiality or security of any communication or other material transmitted to or from the Sites over the internet or other communication network. CRCC shall not be obligated to correct or update the Sites or the CRCC Content and shall not be liable for omissions, typographical errors, or out-of-date information which may appear on the Sites.
- Disclaimer as to Accuracy of Information. The information contained in the Sites and CRCC Content is not warranted to be error free and may or may not reflect the most current developments; accordingly, information on the Sites are not promised or guaranteed to be correct or complete and should not be relied upon as such. The materials on the Sites and CRCC Content do not necessarily reflect the opinions of CRCC.
- Third Party Information. The Sites may feature materials, information, products, and services provided by third parties. Any such information, including but not limited to articles, press clippings, opinions, advice, statements, services, offers, or other information made available by third parties such as content providers and other users of the Sites are those of the respective third party and not of CRCC or its affiliates. CRCC makes no representation with respect to, nor does it guarantee or endorse, the quality, non-infringement, accuracy, completeness, timeliness, or reliability of such third-party materials, information, services, or products.
- Notice for Claims of Intellectual Property or Copyright Infringement; Agent for Notice of Infringement. CRCC respects the intellectual property of others, and, particularly as to user generated content in comments, discussion boards or in other user contributed content, as applicable, we ask our users to do the same. If you believe that your work has been copied in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, or your intellectual property rights have been otherwise violated, please provide CRCC’s Copyright Agent (as set forth below) the following information:
(a) an electronic or physical signature of the person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the copyright or other intellectual property interest;
(b) a description of the copyrighted work or other intellectual property that you claim has been infringed;
(c) a description of where the material that you claim is infringing is located on the Site;
(d) your address, telephone number, and email address;
(e) a statement by you that you have a good faith belief that the disputed use is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; and
(f) a statement by you, made under penalty of perjury, that the above information in your notice is accurate and that you are the copyright or intellectual property owner or authorized to act on the copyright or intellectual property owner’s behalf.
CRCC’s Copyright Agent for notice of claims of copyright or other intellectual property infringement can be reached as follows:
Commission on Rehabilitation Counselor Certification
1699 East Woodfield Road, Suite 300
Schaumburg, IL 60173
By Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
By Fax: (847) 944-1346
- Advertisers. The Sites may contain advertisements. The inclusion of advertisements on the Sites does not imply endorsement of the advertised products or services. CRCC shall not be responsible for any loss or damage of any kind incurred as a result of the presence of such advertisements on the Sites. Further, CRCC shall not be responsible or liable for the statements or conduct of any third-party advertisers appearing on the Sites. You shall be solely responsible for any correspondence or transactions you have with any third-party advertisers.
- Links to Third Party Websites. The Sites may provide links (including any link through an on-line banner advertisement) to other sites on the internet for your convenience. These other sites are maintained by third parties over which CRCC exercises no control. The appearance of any such third-party links is not intended to endorse any particular company or product. If you decide to access any of the third-party sites linked to the Sites, you do so entirely at your own risk.
- Third-Party Links to the Sites and CRCC Content. Links posted by third parties to the Sites and/or CRCC Content may not use the CRCC trademark or logo and shall not suggest that CRCC promotes or otherwise endorses any third-party products, business relationships, services, causes, campaigns, websites, content, or information. Any links to any portion of the Sites shall be the responsibility of the linking party. CRCC reserves the right to require any linking party to disable or remove any link that violates CRCC’s policies, rights or causes interruption or deterioration of CRCC Content.
- Sharing of Content. You may download, copy, or embed CRCC Content (excluding the CRCC Marks) and other downloadable items displayed on the Sites for non-commercial personal use only, provided that you maintain all copyright and other notices contained therein. Copying or storing of any CRCC Content for other than non-commercial personal use is expressly prohibited without prior written permission from CRCC, or the copyright holder identified in the copyright notice contained in the CRCC Content. CRCC reserves the right to require any party sharing CRCC content to disable or remove the content should its use violate CRCC’s policies or rights, or causes interruption or deterioration of CRCC Content.
- Warranties Disclaimed. THE SITES AND ALL CRCC CONTENT ARE PROVIDED “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE.” NEITHER CRCC, ITS AFFILIATES, EMPLOYEES, OFFICERS, OR DIRECTORS NOR ANY OF ITS AGENTS, REPRESENTATIVES, SUPPLIERS, ADVERTISERS, CONTRACTORS, PROMOTIONAL PARTNERS, OR LICENSORS (COLLECTIVELY “CRCC PARTIES”) PROVIDE ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED REPRESENTATION OR WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY REPRESENTATION OR WARRANTY THAT (i) THE SITES OR CRCC CONTENT, OR ANY RESULTS THAT MAY BE OBTAINED BY YOU, ARE COMPLETE, ACCURATE, RELIABLE, OR NON-INFRINGING; (ii) ACCESS TO THE SITES WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED, TIMELY, SECURE, OR ERROR FREE; (iii) THE QUALITY OF ANY PRODUCTS, SERVICES, INFORMATION OR OTHER MATERIAL PURCHASED OR OBTAINED BY YOU THROUGH THE SITES WILL MEET YOUR EXPECTATIONS; OR (iv) CRCC CONTENT WILL REMAIN UNCHANGED OR ACCESSIBLE ON THE SITES. ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, ARE DISCLAIMED TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND/OR NON-INFRINGEMENT OF INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY.
- Exclusion of and Limitation of Liability. NONE OF THE CRCC PARTIES SHALL BE LIABLE, AND EACH OF THEM DISCLAIMS ANY LIABILITY FOR ANY CLAIM, LOSS OR DAMAGE, DIRECT OR INDIRECT, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, COMPENSATORY, CONSEQUENTIAL, INCIDENTAL, INDIRECT, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES OF ANY KIND WHATSOEVER IN CONNECTION WITH, AS A RESULT OF, OR ARISING OUT OF (i) THE USE OF OR INABILITY TO USE THE SITES AND/OR ANY CRCC CONTENT; (ii) ANY INTERRUPTION IN THE AVAILABILITY OF THE SITES AND/OR CRCC CONTENT; (iii) ANY LOSS OF DATA FROM ANY EQUIPMENT FAILURE; (iv) THE PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS OR SERVICES RESULTING FROM ANY PROBLEMS WITH THE GOODS, CONTENT, AND/OR SERVICES PURCHASED OR OBTAINED FROM THE SITES, OR TRANSACTIONS ENTERED INTO, THROUGH OR FROM THE SITES; (v) ANY UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS TO OR ALTERATION OF YOUR TRANSMISSIONS OR DATA; (vi) STATEMENTS OR CONDUCT OF ANY THIRD PARTY ON THE SITES; (vii) ANY DELAY OR FAILURE OF THE SITES ARISING OUT OF CAUSES BEYOND CRCC’S CONTROL; (viii) THE USE OF, REFERENCE TO, OR RELIANCE ON, THE CRCC CONTENT; (ix) ANY THIRD PARTY MATERIALS, INFORMATION, PRODUCTS, AND SERVICES CONTAINED ON, OR ACCESSED THROUGH, THE SITES (x) ANY CONTENT, MATERIALS, ACCURACY OF INFORMATION, AND/OR QUALITY OF THE PRODUCTS, SERVICES, OR MATERIALS PROVIDED BY OR ADVERTISED ON THIRD PARTY WEBSITES; OR (xi) ANY OTHER MATTER RELATING TO THE SITES OR THE CRCC CONTENT.
- Exclusions Permitted by Law. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OF CERTAIN WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OR THE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR LOSS OR DAMAGE CAUSED BY NEGLIGENCE, BREACH OF CONTRACT OR BREACH OF IMPLIED TERMS, OR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES. ACCORDINGLY, ONLY THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS IN SECTIONS 18 AND 19 WHICH ARE LAWFUL IN YOUR JURISDICTION WILL APPLY TO YOU AND CRCC’S LIABILITY WILL BE LIMITED TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
Neither party consents or agrees to any arbitration on a class or representative basis nor shall the arbitrator have authority to proceed with an arbitration on a class or representative basis. No arbitration will be consolidated with any other arbitration proceeding without the consent of all parties. Any claim or controversy as to the enforceability of this arbitration provision’s restriction on your right to participate in or pursue a class action or class-wide arbitration shall be brought only in the United States District Court for the Northern District of Illinois or any State court located in Cook County, Illinois.
- Statute of Limitations. Regardless of any statute or law to the contrary, any claim or cause of action arising out of or related to your use of the Sites must be filed by you within one (1) year after such claim or cause of action arose or will be forever barred.