COMMUNICATIONS AND MARKETING MANAGER
WHO WE ARE
When the Commission on Rehabilitation Counselor Certification (CRCC) was officially incorporated in January 1974, our mission was to conduct nationwide certification activities. Since then, over 40,000 qualified professionals have participated in the certification process. Today, over 15,000 CRCs are practicing in the United States, Canada, and several foreign countries.
Our mission is dedicated to the excellence of rehabilitation counseling and services for individuals with disabilities by setting the national standard in certification, providing leadership, education, advocacy, and supporting research.
CRCC’s vision is to serve as a leader in the unification of the rehabilitation counseling profession and for the Certified Rehabilitation Counselor (CRC) to be recognized as the credential of excellence for professionals assisting individuals with disabilities to live fully integrated lives.
The Communications and Marketing Manager is a strategic thinker, can balance multiple projects, is eager to put the wheels in motion to get things done, and can deliver against a variety of goals and deadlines. The position is responsible for all CRCC’s marketing and communication activities in collaboration with the Executive Director and the CRCC management team, including branding and identity management, digital marketing, developing compelling communication assets, design, creating content, maintaining CRCC’s website, PR efforts, and more.
Reports To: Executive Director
Position: Full-time – Exempt
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Work with the CRCC Executive management team to identify needs and create, execute, and oversee an effective integrated marketing and communication plan that increases the engagement of potential and current CRCs, Counselors and Certified Vocational Evaluator Specialists (CVEs), educators, employers, clients and their families, and raises the general awareness of CRCC and the work of CRCs and CVEs.
Co-create an annual National Rehabilitation Counselor Awareness Day (March 22nd) with our various rehabilitation counseling association partners.
- Manage all email campaigns from start to finish, including planning, testing, evaluating, benchmarking, and reporting.
- Develop compelling stories, write powerful copy, and help direct design and layout with design resources. Help manage electronic and print production of program brochures, newsletters, annual report, and marketing pieces.
- Build presentations and other collateral to support CRCCs programming and various other needs, as appropriate.
- Work with CRCC’s management team to produce programmatic communications including website updates, emails, invitations, signage, event collateral, and promotional materials for various events.
- Work with Executive Director for all press releases related to news, events, programming, organizational changes, etc.
Digital & Email Marketing
- Develop, implement, and oversee the annual marketing plan, including social media (Facebook, LinkedIn, and Twitter), and email marketing, advertising, online display advertising, and sponsored content.
- Identify and develop marketing needs for various certifications and CRCC eUNIVERSITY.
- Present recommendations to utilize digital marketing platforms most effectively for the various programs within CRCC.
- Stay informed on new platform additions and releases and make recommendations to the Executive Director on efficient utilization of platforms.
- Manage and evaluate quarterly analytics reports on digital platforms and provide reports to the Executive Director.
Website and Database Management
- Develop compelling and dynamic website content, enhance web page presentation and design, and develop effective messaging around our events, educational activities, and support services.
- Manage the design of CRCC’s website to support the needs of multiple types of end-users. Continue to improve the website visitor’s experience by refining the content and adding new functionality as appropriate.
- Evaluate quarterly analytics of web traffic and provide reports to the Executive Director and management team.
- Work with CRCC’s management team to produce event communications including, but not limited to emails, presentations, invitations, signage, event collateral, and promotional materials.
- Develop press releases.
- Help manage relationship with other marketing and communication vendors such as: consultants, designers, advertisers, printers, spokespersons, and photographers.
- Minor graphic design duties as assigned.
- Other duties as assigned by the Executive Director.
- Must possess ability to interact professionally with all stakeholder, vendors, and internal staff.
- Be passionate about and comfortable working with a variety of stakeholder from CRCs to individuals with disabilities and their families.
- Bachelor’s degree from accredited college or university.
- Minimum of 5-7 years of communications and marketing experience in a professional setting; non-profit experience strongly preferred.
- Must have valid driver’s license and a car.
- Must possess ability to interact professionally with all stakeholder, vendors and internal staff.
- Developing marketing and communication strategies.
- Solid knowledge of online advertising, social media sites and related marketing tools.
- Experience in email marketing, digital marketing, and content management system (WordPress).
- Strong writing skills and attention to detail.
- Design experience a plus.
- Basic HTML coding experience a plus.
- Experience working with NetForum a plus.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications.
- Flexibility to attend evening and/or weekend meetings and/or events.
WHAT WE OFFER
A warm, friendly office environment comprised of highly motivated and inspiring colleagues. Salary for this role is competitive and commensurate with your skills and experience. Our benefits package is robust and includes comprehensive health insurance, 401k plan, with organizational match, generous paid time off, nine paid holidays, and flexible work arrangement.
Please submit a cover letter, resume, and three-four writing samples to Susan Stark at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include “Marketing & Communication Manager Application” in the subject line.
In your cover letter, highlight any experience you may have with:
- Developing and managing a full marketing and communication campaign by yourself or with one support staff.
- Digital & print advertising.
- Developing compelling stories.
- Website development.
- Marketing collateral.
When selecting writing samples, please provide an example of:
- Persuasive writing intended to motivate an action.
- Advertisement in a journal or other marketing collateral pieces which uses its headline and graphics to showcase the value and benefits of a service or product.
- Social media content for LinkedIn, Facebook, and Twitter posts which uses its headline and graphics to convey a compelling call-to-action that could be understood by the audience with a brief glance.