National Rehabilitation Counselors
March 22, 2023
What is a Rehabilitation Counselor?
Through a comprehensive and unique counseling process, rehabilitation counselors help individuals with disabilities achieve their personal, social, psychological, career, and independent living goals. Rehabilitation counselors are the bridge between the individual and self-sufficiency, helping their clients live fully integrated lives.
What is National Rehabilitation Counselors Appreciation Day?
National Rehabilitation Counselors Day is a special day to recognize the work of Certified Rehabilitation Counselors (CRC).
Download the National Rehabilitation Counselors Appreciation Day Toolkit
This toolkit includes images you may use on social media, in your email signature, and more. Click the button below to download and begin using the images!
The following key messages acknowledge the hard work and dedication of rehabilitation counselors. Share this information to spread the word about CRCs!
- The Certified Rehabilitation Counselor (CRC) certification program is the only national accredited certification that focuses specifically on rehabilitation counseling.
- CRCs are the only professional counselors educated and trained at the graduate level who possess the specialized knowledge, skills, and attitudes to work collaboratively with individuals with disabilities.
- CRCs use their unique skillset to increase career advancement with greater earning potential and greater professional mobility.
- CRCs follow the CRC Code of Ethics. They continuously uphold the standards in it, which creates an environment of professionalism with better outcomes.
- CRCs are role models for professional development, lifelong learning, and dedication to excellence in service provision to individuals with disabilities.
- As experts in the specialty of rehabilitation counseling, CRCs are highly skilled, knowledgeable, and dedicated to providing outstanding services.
- The markers of a CRC are knowledge, competence, and commitment to the highest standards in rehabilitation counseling, which give clients and their families peace of mind.
Examples of How to Celebrate National Rehabilitation Counselors Appreciation Day
- Write handwritten notes of appreciation to your team
- Order lunch for your team
- Post positive messages about your team on a bulletin board in your office
- Write handwritten thank you notes to your clients
- Post about you and/or your team on social media and state what you love most about your job
- Recognize staff members for their contributions in a special newsletter or email
- Submit a video or written testimonial to be featured in the CRCC MyWhy stories
- Offer certificates of appreciation to staff members